You are all set for the wedding day but with all the wedding expense, honeymoon cost is bothering you, well relax, these 10 amazing ways to save money on honeymoon will get your things in place. These saving tips can come in handy even if you are not planning to leave right after the wedding. Bon Voyage!
Best Ways to Save Money on Honeymoon
1. Decide what you want the Most: Before looking for a place/hotel decide what you as a couple would like to be included in the trip. For a pampering trip book a suite with spa, if you are more into sightseeing book a cottage/ apartment which gives you independence to fit your choice of activities in the budget.
2. Work with A Travel Agent: For a stress free planning, booking tickets, visa (if planning abroad), hotel you can get good deal on last-minute or ongoing sales which can help you save money on honeymoon expenses. Be sure to let the travel agent know your priorities so he knows exactly what to cut and keep from your itinerary.
3. Book Early: One of the guaranteed ways to save money on honeymoon- Book Early! This guarantees saving on the tickets, inexpensive rooms. Another idea: Save the airfare and use the extra money to upgrade to a nicer hotel and room at a resort within driving distance
4. Shop During Sales: The best times to buy airline tickets are October through December and January through March. Airfares are tend to get low over the weekend.
5. Alternate Modes of Travel: Check out low-fare carriers or if you can break up the longer travel time while enhancing the journey by planning sightseeing pit stops along the way.
6. Book Online or Call Hotel Directly: There are number of websites which can offer combo of airlines and hotels. You can specify the city, area of the city, dates, and level of quality (one to four stars) you desire. Call the front desk of the hotel you’re interested in directly to get the scoop on sales, find out which rooms are best, and get an accurate idea of how much it will cost to get to the hotel from the airport.
How to Save Money on Honeymoon?
7. Consider a Bed-and –Breakfast/ Cottage: Most of facilities are packed with romantic nooks and luxe amenities. Prices are best during the weekdays, if you are booking a cottage you can opt for own cooking, make your own meals for two whenever you feel like. Best part you get all the privacy you want and no on the clock.
8. Pull Your Resources: Use your credit cards, dining cards and club memberships. Don’t forget to invest in small price travel insurance, which can protect your trip deposits and reimburse you for pricey medical expenses if something happens on your trip.
9. Don’t be Shy: When you’re inquiring about a rate or making a reservation, make sure the person knows it’s for your honeymoon. At the very least, you may get a better table or free flutes of champagne.
10.Invest in Travel Magazine: Look for not so common romantic places, scan for travel deals or flights to nearby places (saves extra cost). Compare and shop.
From booking off season destinations to honeymoon registry options, these tips will help you save for a lavish wedding ceremony and save money on honeymoon expenses. After Its All About Weddings and After Some!!